Kensington Pride Mangoes
Kensington Pride Mangoes are the most popular mango on the Australian market and is only eaten mature. It has an attractive red and golden blush giving a peach like appearance.
Ripe Kensington Pride is pleasantly aromatic with low fiber and a tangy flavor that lingers on the palate. It is excellent for processing and is the most sought after by juice and confectionary manufacturers around the world.
- Popularity: five star rating
- Brix: 14 - 17
- Taste: sweet/tangy
- Availability: mid September to early November
- Colour: peach pink/apricot
Storage Tips for Mangoes:
- Unripe mangoes should never be refrigerated
- Store them out of direct sunlight at room temperature for a few days until they ripen
- Once ripe, they can be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days before use
- Mangoes need to breathe - so never store in plastic bags
- Mangoes freeze really well. They can be sliced and bagged, or pureed and placed into ice cube trays.