Tou's Garden Mahachanok
The Mahachanok mango is trademarked by Tou's Garden in Australia based on a clone of the original Thai Mahachanok, a natural clone of Sunset, which was first identified at Lampoon, Northern Thailand.
Mahachanok is a large, regular bearing fiberless fruit with a flat seed similar in shape to Nam Doc Mai mangoes, but having a warm glowing blush colour when mature. The original Mahachanok is a mid to late season variety popular for export in Japan and Europe.
- Popularity: four star rating
- Brix: 16 - 19
- Taste: sweet
- Availability: late November
- Colour: yellow/pink
Storage Tips for Mangoes:
- Unripe mangoes should never be refrigerated
- Store them out of direct sunlight at room temperature for a few days until they ripen
- Once ripe, they can be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days before use
- Mangoes need to breathe - so never store in plastic bags
- Mangoes freeze really well. They can be sliced and bagged, or pureed and placed into ice cube trays.